March came in like a lamb today into the US Northeast where I live. And just as unobstrusively, Operatoonity’s editorial calendar rolled over to a new theme: North American Opera.
In honor of this month’s theme, I thought a little quiz was in order (Bwahahahaha!)
- Most people can name the largest opera house in North America. What is the second largest?
- What is North America’s oldest continuously operating summer opera company?
- Can you name three of the most popular operas produced in North American in 2009-10?
- Can you name three of the most popular North American operas presented in 2009-10?
- To the closest hundred, how many new operatic works have been produced by professional opera companies in North America since 1990.
- Name five Canadian cities currently producing opera.
(Answers revealed tomorrow . . . right here.)